Six Early Literacy Tips
- Make book sharing a special time.
- Reading books is a great way for your
child to learn words we do not use every day.
- Point out letters and their sounds
wherever you go.
- When you read to your child, point to
the words from time to time, your child will learn that you are reading
the text, not the pictures.
- Sing songs and say Mother Goose rhymes
together so your child can learn about sounds in words.
- Let your child narrate a book, so your
child can learn how to describe things, and to learn how to tell stories.